Total Pageviews

Monday, October 1, 2012

NOCTS V - Western Canada's Best Heavy Metal Festival

Hi everyone, well I am now fully recovered from the Noctis 5 after party, I would like to share with you some of the very awesome bands I had the pleasure of working with last weekend. This year Scarab Productions held their annual Noctis festival, showcasing some of the worlds best heavy metal talent. I was brought on board as the FOH engineer for the Distillery shows. First off I would like to say that the Scarab staff was very well organized, behind the scenes the festival couldn't have ran as smoothly as it did. The first night we seen some great bands, Blood Ceremony and Speedwolf  were the highlight in my opinion, with Hoopsnake, Epi-Demic, and the Contortionist delivering solid sets as well . The second night the crowd was intense, as the show was sold out I believe. Vancouver's own Anciients started the show off with a killer set, Phantom Limb, Archspire and Kataplexis followed with no disappointment.  It was my first time seeing Psychostick and I highly recommend checking this band out, they bring a hilarious comedy act along with a tightly delivered music performance. As always Midnight ripped it up again with Manilla Road following with some classic power metal. Pig Destroyer closed the show and they were insane. What a great festival to work for! my personal highlight was mixing Pig Destroyer, Manilla Road, Psychostick and Speedwolf's first Canadian shows! Till next year! Thanks to Sarah Kitteringham for the photos!
 Pig Destroyer 
 Blood Ceremony 
 using every channel on the LS9!
 Pig Destroyer from the mixing desk!
 Psypchostick
 Manilla Road

No comments: